Every now and again, we're all faced with going on a diet. The same is true for our Fatboy. With the Fatboy Comp Carbon, we've taken performance and strength up a notch, while also moving up a wheelsize, to a 27.5 wheel and tire combo.
A VERY FAT FLAVOR OF ADVENTURE
It boils down to a single word: adventure. The Fatboy’s massive tires (27.5x3.8) float over rocks, roots, sand, snow, ice…. Let’s put it this way, if it’s part of mother earth, those big tires will roll right over it with a mix of comfort and traction that’s unrivaled. Get out there.
- Light-yet-tough carbon frame holds up to any adventure you can throw at it.
- Lightweight carbon-fiber fork provides tons of compliance and absorbs chatter.
- The SRAM GX Eagle 1X drivetrain gives you plenty of gearing to tackle any climb.
- An exacting carbon-fiber construction ensures that the frame is lightweight and plenty stiff in all the right places. Internal cable routing is also incorporated, ensuring that slush, sand, snow, or dirt never wreck the Fatboy’s performance out on the trail.
- A FACT carbon fiber fork provides tons of compliance and absorbs chatter, while simultaneously keeping the overall weight of the bike down.
- The Fatboy Comp Carbon now rolls on 27.5-inch wheels and 27.5x3.8 Maxxis tires.
- SRAM's 12-speed GX Eagle drivetrain, with a SRAM STYLO Carbon crank, features an ultra-wide gear range that delivers climbing and descending efficiency in spades. What’s more, the one-by setup is famous for being next to impossible to drop a chain with and is significantly lighter than a standard two-by setup.
|Frame||Specialized FACT 10m, 12x197mm thru-axle rear, internal cable routing|
|Fork||Specialized FACT carbon, 46mm offset, tapered steerer, 150mm axle|
Front: 15 x 150mm thru-axle
Rear: 12 x 197mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Stout XC 80, 27.5", alloy, 76mm internal width, disc-specific|
Front: Stout Pro 150, sealed cartridge bearings, 6-bolt disc, 15x150mm, 32h
Rear: Stout Pro 197, sealed cartridge bearings, 6-bolt disc, 12x197mm, 32h
Front: Maxxis Minion FBF, 120 TPI, EXO, 27.5 x 3.8"
Rear: Maxxis Minion FBR, 120 TPI, EXO, 27.5 x 3.8"
|Crankset||SRAM STYLO Carbon|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, PF30|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed w/ PowerLock®|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|Handlebars||Stout Riser, double-butted alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 5-degree upsweep, 15mm rise, 750mm / 780mm width, 31.8mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Sip grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness|
|Stem||Specialized Trail, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
Front: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic Disc, 200/180mm
Rear: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm
|Saddle||Specialized Bridge, size specific, 143/155|
|Seat Post||Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 8mm offset, micro-adjust, 30.9mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Carbon/Gunmetal / Small||888818545117||99520-5002|
|Gloss Carbon/Gunmetal / Medium||888818544066||99520-5003|
|Gloss Carbon/Gunmetal / Large||888818544615||99520-5004||14312|
|Gloss Carbon/Gunmetal / X-Large||888818545148||99520-5005|