It’s a streak of color across the sky - blue, green and yellow. The Australian Budgie? Sure, but we’re talking about the new Down Under Collection S-Works Evade. The fastest road helmet in the world is inspired by the speed and beauty of the Australia’s own little speed demon with this limited color way.
Helmets have long been plagued by an unspoken rule: Light weight, ventilation, aerodynamics—pick two, there's your helmet. As you can tell by now, though, we don't play by these rules—or really any for that matter. We'd rather turn standards on their head and create products that nobody ever dreamed of. And you needn't look any further than the new S-Works Evade helmet for proof of this. Straight up, it's the fastest road helmet out there.
Our new ANGi Crash Sensor gives you and your loved one’s peace of mind like never before—when combined with our iOS or Android app, the sensor will detect a crash and send a text message to specified contacts in your phone. It also syncs with our app and STRAVA to provide GPS-based activity tracking.
We've teamed up with MIPS researchers to introduce MIPS SL—a new, ultra-light, and supremely comfortable version of MIPS that's available exclusively on Specialized helmets. With MIPS SL, we've essentially integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL's minimalist "watchband" attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS, while also ushering in a new level of comfort and weight savings.
Beginning with the aerodynamic development, we basically lived in our Win Tunnel to create this Evade. Having our own wind tunnel allows us to develop our products with aero at the forefront of the design, rather than merely testing them there. With this, we carefully analyzed every aspect of helmet performance in the Win Tunnel, and with real world testing, to ensure that we left no stone unturned in the quest for performance. This makes for a helmet that has countless testing hours and years of development, and ultimately, this adds up to the fastest road helmet we’ve ever tested.
Through this work, the Evade saves 50 seconds over 40km versus a traditional road helmet and roughly six seconds over the prior iteration of Evade. This means that it's not only as cool as a bare head, but also as fast. For road race helmets, there’s nothing that can match this performance.
Last, but most certainly not least, a fast helmet is useless unless it fits correctly. With this in mind, the new S-Works Evade has all the features you'd expect from a top-level helmet, like our Mindset HairPort 2 fit system with micro-adjustments, our soft webbing that won't stretch out, and a new Gutter Action brow pad that manages sweat to keep it out of your eyes. And to top it off, we've added a new magnetic buckle to the mix that makes buckling with one hand a breeze.
- This season our Down Under Collection has been inspired by the speed and color of the Australian Budgie. As this noble little bird, and much of Australia’s wildlife, suffers from devastating bushfires, Specialized is donating $100,000 USD to support wildlife relief efforts.
- Through extensive Win Tunnel development, the Evade is the fastest road helmet we've tested
- Integrated ANGi crash sensor, with a lifetime subscription to the Specialized Ride App
- New MIPS SL is the lightest, most ventilated MIPS protection to date, and is exclusively available on Specialized helmets
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports make it the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation
- Patented Energy Optimized, Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy
- Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit
- Magnetic buckle is simple and secure
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments
- This limited colorway is inspired by the blue, green, and yellow plumage of the Australian Budgie