When you ride in frigid conditions, your options for lightweight insulation under your outerwear are limited. It's typically been an fleece jersey with rear pockets that only adds to bulk and weight. Insulation with a high warmth to weight ratio, like down feathers or polyester fiber-fill are ideal, but those materials need to be encapsulated with a coated fabric to contain them, cutting breathability down to zero. Our solution is Polartec Alpha insulation that provides insulation without the need to encapsulate, giving you unimpeded breathability for a warm, dry ride. The outer shell is lightweight and uncoated, furthering the flow of perspiration and allowing the piece to packable when you need to de-layer when things get too hot. The jacket is designed to be worn under an outer jacket, such as our Deflect H2O pieces, so the fit is close to the body to eliminate any bulk. An under-the-helmet hood provides an added wind layer and traps heat in were you lose it, at the top of your head, and we finish off the neck and wrists with reflective binding for visiability in case you're caught out after sundown.
- Woven Pertex Quantum Air outer-shell is combined with 90g Polartec Alpha breathable insulation to create the ultimate packable, breathable, and warming insulation piece.
- Non-insulated hood is intended to be used under the helmet to keep the wind at bay and to trap heat on cold rides.
- Two front hand pockets keep your hands warm off the bike and provide room for your small essentials and electronics.
- Edge binding at the wrists and collar seal in warmth and feature reflective tape woven-in for increased visibility to motorists in low-light conditions.
- Deflect UV 50+ protects against harmful UV rays.
- Fit is close to body for layering under outerwear. For a looser "street fit," we recommend one size up.
- Shell fabric weight: 48g
|Hyper Green / Small||888818524839||64420-5202|
|Hyper Green / Medium||888818526581||64420-5203|
|Hyper Green / Large||888818526260||64420-5204|