Thinking of buying a new bicycle?
One of your first choices, and not necessarily an easy one, will be where to shop. It can be a challenge because there are a myriad of stores that carry two-wheelers, from specialty retailers, to giant department stores, to backyard garage operations.
Where you buy, however, has everything to do with what you get. You see, bicycles aren't like toasters or suitcases. Bikes are shipped in boxes and they must be assembled and tuned. There are many types, too, and you should never buy until you've figured out which is right for you. Measurements and adjustments are required to ensure the frame is the correct size and that the seat and handlebars are properly positioned. And, every new bicycle will need a minor tune-up after several weeks of use.
What's more, modern road and mountain bikes can travel at high speeds and carry you over demanding terrain where the machine's materials and construction get tested. A quality two-wheeler, carefully assembled and fit to you, will be the safest, most durable and fun bicycle to ride.
For these reasons, we strongly recommend shopping at a good specialty bicycle store in our area. For instance, we hire competent salespeople and expert mechanics who'll ensure that you get the right bike and a quality machine. Look for a store that is clean, has helpful personnel, offers a good selection, and an on-site repair department.
When you buy a bike from us you get...
- A lifetime guarantee on the frame against manufacturer's defects
- At least one year on the parts against manufacturer's defect
- One year of unlimited necessary service* from us
- 10% off any accessories you choose at that time of bike purchase
- Ask us about the multiple bike purchase discount.
- If the bike is over $1000.00, you get a free sizing with one of our Body Geometry fitters ($75 value) or you can put that credit towards a 3 dimension fitting.
*does not cover abuse, neglect, or "wrongful wrenching".
Nine reasons to shop our store:
1. We have the right bike for you.We offer a wide selection of bicycles for different people and uses. And we provide expert assistance in selecting the proper bike type and model. For example, a road bike makes little sense if your plan is to tackle dirt trails. Likewise, if you're into cruising, you certainly don't need to test ride racing rigs. You need the bike type that's right for you, and our experienced staff will listen to you and help you choose.
2. We make sure of the correct fit with every bike we sell.Bicycles come in different sizes. And they're very adjustable. We find the right frame size for you and then dial in the fit by positioning the seat and handlebars, brake levers and shifters as required. This ensures comfort and that you're in complete control of your bike for safety. There are many variables, too: If you need a softer saddle, we'll put one on. If you prefer to sit more upright, we can accommodate you. Our goal is to make your new bike as comfortable to ride and as easy to pedal as possible. We have years of experience in fitting bikes to riders and we'll get yours fitting so good it disappears beneath you.
3. All our new bikes are assembled by professional bicycle mechanics.
You might be surprised to learn that bicycles are not completely assembled at the factory. It's true. They're actually delivered to us disassembled and in a box, and we spend about an hour (depending on the model) assembling, tuning and testing every bike (at no additional charge to you). This is required by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission and we pride ourselves in meeting the highest standards. What's more, our technicians and service department are always prepared to make adjustments and provide advice should you need assistance during a purchase or after a sale.